Research and Innovation
Blackmores combines scientific evidence with traditional knowledge to offer a more natural approach to health. We are committed to continually improving our existing products and services and to developing new breakthrough products to help our customers be their best.
Innovation is a key driver of business growth for Blackmores. Each year the business commits to a strong new product pipeline, based on the latest research and scientific findings to enable us to provide quality health solutions, with a strong evidence base.
Each year Blackmores spends around $2 million on research, development and innovation.
Blackmores’ involvement in research ranges from product supply to research projects through to the full funding of clinical trials. The Blackmores Research Centre at Southern Cross University in regional NSW, continually reviews studies on all aspects of natural health from around the world and actively seeks appropriate partners with which to share research and commercial opportunities through licensing and supply arrangements.
The Blackmores Research Symposium brings together leading international and Australian researchers to explore and present the latest advances in complementary medicine.
The Blackmores Campus Research and Development team co-ordinates clinical trials on new or existing products conducted at universities, hospitals or research institutes within Australia and overseas.
Innovation at Blackmores is not limited to product development. We use innovative techniques to educate Australians about health, for example:
- Consumers can call, click to chat or email our qualified healthcare advisors at our free Naturopathic Advisory Service
- We are growing Australia’s largest online health community through:
- Our personalised website, blackmores.com.au, which creates a unique user experience
- Our monthly e-newsletter to more than 300,000 subscribers
- Blackmores Web TV, podcasting and online tools such as healthcheck.blackmores.com.au
- Blackmores’ e-learning program provides a convenient and accessible training and education program with over 3000 registered users
- Blackmores’ medical website provides an online interactions guide for health care professionals together with important information about how complementary medicines can be safely integrated into the management of common conditions
We have worked with our staff to develop initiatives that promote a healthy, sustainable and profitable working environment, unique to our business through our enterprise agreement, Working Together.
We are constantly working with our retail partners to enhance our customer service and response times.
By Telephone: Freecall Advisory Service 1 800 803 760
20 Jubilee Avenue
Warriewood NSW 2102
AU Tel: 61 2 9910 5000
Fax: 61 2 9910 5555