Blackmores Lyp-Sine® is a dose of the amino acid lysine, which relieves symptoms of cold sores.
Lysine hydrochloride:500 mg
Ascorbic acid(vitamin C):250 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is a water-soluble antioxidant nutrient involved in many biological processes in the body. Vitamin C is found in a number of fruits and vegetables, great sources are capsicums, blackcurrants, oranges and strawberries.
Zinc amino acid chelate(zinc 10 mg):50 mg
Zinc is an essential trace element that plays a role in every living cell in the body. There are also around 300 enzymes that need zinc for healthy function.
Zinc containing foods include meat, eggs, seafood- especially oysters, whole grains and seeds.
– Dose for risk reduction: 2 tablets per day with meals. Or as professionally prescribed
Dose for management of outbreak
- 2 tablets, 2 times per day with meals. Or as professionally prescribed
Children (from 4 years to 18 years)
– Take 1 tablet per day, or as professionally prescribed
Not to be used in children under 4 years without medical supervision
- Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period of time
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Always read the label
- Follow directions for use
- If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your healthcare professional
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate