Blackmores Lyp-Sine® is a dose of the amino acid lysine, which can help reduce the number of outbreaks of cold sores, helps relieve symptoms and helps reduce healing time of lesions
Lysine hydrochloride:500 mg
Ascorbic acid(vitamin C):250 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is a water-soluble antioxidant nutrient involved in many biological processes in the body. Vitamin C is found in a number of fruits and vegetables, great sources are capsicums, blackcurrants, oranges and strawberries.
Zinc amino acid chelate(zinc 10 mg):50 mg
Zinc is an essential trace element that plays a role in every living cell in the body. There are also around 300 enzymes that need zinc for healthy function.
Zinc containing foods include meat, eggs, seafood- especially oysters, whole grains and seeds.
– Dose for risk reduction: 2 tablets per day with meals. Or as professionally prescribed
Dose for management of outbreak
- 2 tablets, 2 times per day with meals. Or as professionally prescribed
Children (from 6 years to 12 years)
– Take 1 tablet per day, or as professionally prescribed
Children (under 6 years)
– As professionally prescribed
- Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period of time
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet