Blackmores Smart Heart™ is a natural oat bran powder rich in oat betaglucan. A daily serve (14 g) delivers 3 g betaglucan which, when consumed as part of a healthy diet that is low in saturated fats, helps to reduce cholesterol.
Walnuts are one of the richest nut-sources of omega 3 fats. Omega 3’s are the fats we all need more of in our diet as they help to reduce inflammation and help to support a healthy heart.
The cranberries and orange provide a zingy tartness and give you hit of heart-loving antioxidants at the same time.
All of these ingredients wrapped up in one little package makes these balls perfect healthy snack.
vegan, refined sugar free, low fructose
Makes 8 balls
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 3/4 cup Smart Heart powder
- 1 cup walnuts
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
How to make
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the cranberries, orange juice and zest, coconut oil and rice malt syrup until a rough sticky paste is formed
- Add Blackmores Smart Heart™ and the walnuts and blitz again until a dough is formed. If your dough isn’t coming together, add a tablespoon of water at a time until it does
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and then begin shaping portions into round balls. You should get about 8 balls out of one batch
- To create the pistachio coating, blitz the pistachios in a blender or food processor until it re-sembles something like fine sand with a few larger chunks in there too. Pour this out onto a chopping board and roll each of the balls in it until they are well coated
- Store your balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week
Roberta of Naturo Medico is a Naturopathic Practitioner who specialises in preventative care and women’s health. From her Melbourne-based clinic, Roberta sees women of all ages wanting to meet their own health goals and assists them on their path with personalised treatments specific to their needs.
Alongside practice, Roberta shares healthful and nutrient-rich recipes with her readers who inspire her to continue educating on what health and wellbeing means and how it can be achieved.
on Instagram for more healthy eating inspiration!