Blackmores Smart Heart™ is a natural oat bran powder rich in oat betaglucan. A daily serve (14 g) delivers 3 g betaglucan which, when consumed as part of a healthy diet that is low in saturated fats, helps to reduce cholesterol.
The added cinnamon and ginger are both warming spices which may help to stimulate your circulation and get your blood pumping. It’s an ‘all system go!’ kind of meal and the perfect way to start your morning.
Whip this up in a matter of minutes and look after your body from the inside out.
Spiced oat & coconut porridge
vegan option, refined sugar-free
- 1/2 cup Blackmores Smart Heart™
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1cm cube ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt or plant-based yoghurt
- Kiwi fruit
How to make
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk, water, desiccated coconut, sweetener, grated ginger, cinnamon, salt and vanilla to a boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer
- Once the milk is simmering, add the Smart Heart™ stirring and rolled oats stirring gently to incorporate everything well. Cook for around 5 minutes or until everything is soft and cooked through
- Divide the porridge between two bowls, top with kiwi fruit, pomegranate, hazelnuts and coconut and enjoy
Roberta of Naturo Medico is a Naturopathic Practitioner who specialises in preventative care and women’s health. From her Melbourne-based clinic, Roberta sees women of all ages wanting to meet their own health goals and assists them on their path with personalised treatments specific to their needs.
Alongside practice, Roberta shares healthful and nutrient-rich recipes with her readers who inspire her to continue educating on what health and wellbeing means and how it can be achieved.
on Instagram for more healthy eating inspiration!