Dr Katrina Warren shares a few simple guidelines for you and your pooch to safely play with a ball:
1. Choose the right size ball for your dog. The larger the dog, the larger the ball.
2. Discard any chewed or broken balls that are lying around the yard.
3. Don't allow your dog to chew or tear the felt from a tennis ball
4. Best balls to use are rubber balls with a thick wall
5. Always supervise play time
6.Remove all balls after a play session
Playing with a ball is fantastic exercise for your dog and great one-on-one quality time for you and your four-legged friend.
Share your stories and ball safety tips with us on Facebook or Instagram!
READ MORE: Digestive health
A multi-strain, multi-species probiotic and wholefood powder for the maintenance of everyday digestive health of pets.