Best joint supplements to relieve pain and reduce inflammation for dogs with mild-moderate arthritis
PAW Osteosupport® joint powder for dogs
is ideal for dogs with arthritis. Relieving their joint pain and reducing inflammation is vital for them to enjoy a good quality of life.
Green-lipped mussel (GLM) is a very effective and safe supplement that is proven to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. However, the quality of GLM used in some supplements can vary significantly, as can the strength of each batch.
PAW by Blackmores uses only the highest quality GLM, which meets strict requirements to ensure consistent results.
Continuing on a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement (such as PAW Osteocare) ) is also critical to keep providing key nutrients to the joint cartilage.
- Simple daily dosing - 1 capsule per 25kg of body weight.
- Easy-to-use powder format — capsule contents can be sprinkled over food
- For ultimate support use PAW Osteosupport® in conjunction with PAW Osteocare® or PAW Cosequin® DS for clinical arthritis cases.
They are great for:
- Dogs and cats with symptoms of pain and inflammation from arthritis (e.g. lameness, stiffness and a reluctance to play)
- Highly concentrated green-lipped mussel (Pern128) providing high levels of omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA & ETA), for relief from pain associated with Osteoarthritis.
PAW Fish oil 500: Veterinary strength is also ideal for dogs with arthritis to help reduce inflammation and any associated pain.
- A concentrated blend of liquid fish oil
- No added artificial colours or flavours
- Available in 200ml bottle with easy to dose pump dispenser
- Contains Blackmores fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA)
- Formulated specifically for pets based on standard ratios recommended by the US National Research Council.
- Dogs with symptoms of pain and inflammation from arthritis (e.g. lameness, stiffness and a reluctance to play).
- Pets living with a wide range of conditions, including allergies, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, heart disease and cognitive problems.
- Consult your veterinarian about use of fish oils for dogs as adjunctive nutritional management of these conditions
Best joint supplement for obese or overweight dogs with mild-moderate arthritis
PAW Cosequin® DS contains a unique combination of Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Manganese and Vitamin C, which works synergistically to help maintain joint function in dogs.
- Extra-strength chondroitin
- Easy-to-use powder formula – capsule contents can be sprinkled over food
- Contains no fat or protein
- Simple daily dosing – 1 capsule up to 22kg body weight, 2 capsules for 23kg+ body weight
They are great for:
- Obese or overweight dogs
- Dogs with pancreatitis
- Dogs who are on restricted-calorie, low-protein or low-fat diets
- Dogs with more advanced arthritis who need the support of extra chondroitin
- 500mg Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- 400mg Chondroitin Sulfate
- Manganese Gluconate
- Calcium Ascorbate
Cats get arthritis too - what to look out for
82% of cats over the age of 14 have osteoarthritis in at least one joint. Arthritis in dogs usually affects the joints in the legs whereas cats often develop pain and stiffness in their spine which leads to different symptoms:
- Messy coats – painful joints make it hard for cats to groom themselves
- Sleeping more often to avoid movement that causes pain
- Being extra aloof or cranky due to pain
- Finding it difficult to jump onto furniture
- Making a mess when they use their litter tray
Start your cat on green lipped mussel supplement to reduce inflammation. Try PAW Osteosupport® joint powder for cats which contains highly concentrated green-lipped mussel (Pern128) providing high levels of omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA & ETA), for relief from pain associated with osteoarthritis.