Blackmores I-Folic™ is a combination of iodine and folic acid, both important preconception & pregnancy nutrients.
Potassium iodide(iodine 150 microgram):196.2 microgramIodine is an essential trace element and is an integral part of the thyroid hormone, thyroxine, required for normal growth and metabolism.
An adequate intake of iodine is particularly important for pregnant and breastfeeding women when infants are entirely dependent on their mother's intake of iodine for normal growth and brain development.
Foods containing iodine include seawater fish, shellfish, seaweeds and iodised salt.
Folic acid:500 microgram
A water-soluble B group vitamin, folate is involved in the synthesis of DNA and RNA and the activation of vitamin B12 into it's active form.
Folic acid is found in fresh green leafy vegetables, broccoli, mushrooms, legumes, nuts and fortified cereals.
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida seek specific medical advice
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, Blackmores Folate, or other folic acid containing supplements
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if suffering from a thyroid condition
- Always read the label
- Follow the directions for use
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate