These caramel coconut crunch balls are the perfect healthy treat for when you’re on the go. They are plant-based treats and are free of dairy, gluten and refined sugar
. They are easy to make, taste delicious and are packed full of nutritious goodness.
Buckinis alkalise the body and are a rich source of protein and manganese. Almonds also play an important role in our health as they are a source of calcium and contain healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium
and vitamin E. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibre. It is good for little stomachs and is also a good source of calcium for strong bones.
Caramel coconut crunch balls
- 14 medjool dates (make sure you remove the seeds)
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 5 cacao buds, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon buckinis
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut for rolling the balls in
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt (optional)
How to make
- Place the seedless dates, almond meal, buckinis, vanilla powder, mesquite powder, rice malt syrup, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter and Himalayan rock salt into blender
- Heat the cacao buds and coconut butter in a saucepan on the stove over low heat, stirring until melted. Add the warm cacao buds and coconut butter to the mix
- Blend on high speed until it reaches a smooth consistency. When you press the mixture it should feel slightly firm. Take the mixture out of the blender and place it in a bowl
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and roll into 30gram balls or less. Then roll the balls in the desiccated coconut
- Place the balls in an airtight container and place in the fridge or freezer. The balls will last for up to two weeks in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer
Amee Springall, the founder of Love Raw Treats
, is passionate about making mouth-watering plant-based healthy treats that are packed full of flavour and are hand made with lots of LOVE.
All of the treats are made with the highest quality ingredients and are free of dairy, gluten, soy, refined sugars, additives and preservatives.