The key ingredient of these balls is matcha green tea powder
, popular for its antioxidant content (one of the highest in the world!) and L-theanine content which supports your concentration and cognition.
With macadamia and Brazil nuts these bliss balls are also a source of antioxidant nutrients vitamin E and selenium. These two nutrients work synergistically to protect your body from free-radicals from a poor diet or being exposed to day-to-day pollutants and chemicals.
So, if you’ve been overindulging or are just looking to give a little love back to your body, make yourself a batch of these superfood bliss balls and enjoy them throughout the day when food cravings are knocking or your mind is wandering.
One of these will set you right back on track.
Matcha macadamia bliss balls
Gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan option
Makes 12 balls
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1 + ½ cup dessicated coconut, divided
- Zest from 2 lemons
- ½-1 tbsp matcha powder, depending on your taste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp honey or preferred liquid sweetener
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
How to make
Preparation step: You can soak your nuts overnight by placing them in a bowl filled with water and putting them in the fridge. This makes for smoother, creamier end product.
- In your blender or food processor, blitz the macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, one cup of dessicated coconut, lemon zest and matcha powder together for around 30 seconds on a high speed until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. Add the lemon juice, honey or other sweetener and melted coconut oil and then blitz again for around 1 minute until the mixture forms a soft dough. Check if it’s done by rolling a small amount together in your hands, if it sticks together easily it’s done!
- Roll the mixture into 12 evenly sized balls and then roll each one in the remaining ½ cup of dessicated coconut to coat them. Place your bliss balls in an airtight container and set in the fridge for 30 minutes then store in the fridge for up to 1 week
Roberta of Naturo Medico is a Naturopathic Practitioner who specialises in preventative care and women’s health. From her Melbourne-based clinic, Roberta sees women of all ages wanting to meet their own health goals and assists them on their path with personalised treatments specific to their needs.
Alongside practice, Roberta shares healthful and nutrient-rich recipes with her readers who inspire her to continue educating on what health and wellbeing means and how it can be achieved.
on Instagram for more healthy eating inspiration!