This muesli mixture is designed just for your immune system - to give it some extra love first thing in the morning with warming spices and wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients.
Start with winter’s antidote and one of the most well-known sources of vitamin C; the orange. By using the zest and juice, you not only get the vitamin C but also the antioxidants to the support a healthy immune system that can only be found in the peel.
Then comes fresh ginger that provides warmth, to stimulate your circulation and get your blood flowing. Add a probiotic-rich plain yoghurt to support a balanced and fighting fit digestive system and you have one incredibly nourishing and supportive breakfast to enjoy first thing or to grab and go.
Get the latest in wellbeing news
Sign up to the fortnightly wellbeing update and get the latest articles, recipes and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Vegetarian, vegan option
- ½ cup rolled barley
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- 1 large navel orange, juice and zest
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp local or manuka honey (optional)
- 300ml oat milk
- 4 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Optional toppings: Pumpkin seeds, seasonal fruit or fruit compote of your choices, extra yoghurt
How to make
- The night before, combine all the ingredients, excluding toppings, in a airtight container and leave to soak in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, divide the mixture up between two bowls, top with your favourite toppings and enjoy
- You can mix all the ingredients together and then divide into smaller containers before leaving them to soak overnight. Then you can grab your breakfast and go in the morning