What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live micro-organisms often referred to as "friendly bacteria" or "good bacteria," which are similar to the usual members of normal human microflora communities, such as Lactobacillus
Probiotics help to restore and replenish the good, natural bacteria in the digestive system and reduce the growth of harmful organisms.
The benefits of probiotics
Stress, alcohol consumption, certain medications and eating poorly can throw out your gut’s balance of good versus bad bacteria and may lead to dysbiosis (a change in the microflora).
Probiotics help to restore balance of good bacteria to help support general health.
Having a balance of the ‘good’ gut bacteria also helps to support digestive health, women’s health, and immune system and bowel health.
Why Blackmores Probiotics+
Blackmores Probiotics+ are a range of fridge free probiotics based on scientific evidence containing clinically trialled probiotic strains.
The products help keep your gut healthy and running smoothly and are developed using a specialised formulation process and packaging technology to keep the good bacteria alive.
Blackmores Probiotics+ range uses measures in the manufacturing process and packaging that ensures the preservation of the probiotics without the need to refrigerate, so they are delivered in the digestive system alive where they are required.
Whilst it is well known that high temperatures can affect the viability of probiotics, moisture is as big a threat to their survival.
The Blackmores Probiotics+ range is shelf stable because we use a sophisticated formulation process and packaging techniques to help prevent moisture from harming the good bacteria. Because our probiotics contain such low levels of moisture, heat isn’t such a worry and you don’t need to store them in the fridge.
The range includes: Daily Health, Kids Daily Health, Immune Defence, Women’s Flora Balance, Eczema Support and Bowel Support so you can easily select a product to suit your needs. All are in a convenient one a day dose.
- Helps restore and maintain digestive & intestinal health
- Helps relieve symptoms of bloating, gas or flatulence
- Prebiotic to support a healthy microflora and ‘good bacteria’ growth
- Helps support kid’s digestive and immune health
- May reduce the frequency and duration of cold symptoms
- Helps reduce the number of days absent from preschool due to colds
- Easily dissolving powder individually packaged for convenience and to protect probiotic potency
- Plus a prebiotic, vitamins C & D
- Supports immune system function
- Helps reduce the severity and duration of colds
- Contains a specific probiotic which may reduce the risk of colds in healthy adults
- Plus a prebiotic, vitamin C and zinc
- May help reduce mild eczema symptoms in infants
- Contains a clinically trialled strain probiotic strain, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
- Suitable for use in pregnancy
- Plus a prebiotic to support healthy microflora and ‘good bacteria’ growth
May assist with relieving symptoms of medically diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- May help with symptoms of constipation which may occur with medically diagnosed IBS-C
- Support digestive system health and helps promote healthy gut bacteria
- FODMAP friendly with a special blend of probiotics and prebiotic fibre
- Neutral tasting powder which may be added to suitable food or liquid. Drink plenty of water
- Promotes and balances vaginal flora
- Contains a specific combination of probiotics for vaginal health
- Suitable for use during pregnancy
- Handbag friendly canister pack
- One-a-day oral probiotic
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional. Vitamins may only be of assistance if your dietary intake is inadequate.